REM Is for Everyone!
Real Estate Magazine is not just about Real Estate. It’s for homeowners, home buyers, home dreamers, and the businesses that support and serve them, In other words, it’s for everyone. Founders Chuck Hathaway and Camille Ranker retired after bringing out this popular publication every two weeks for over twenty-three years. We are honored to have taken up its publication in 2010, with respect for the work they contributed to our community for so many years. A surprising number of people have told us this is the only paper they read locally, or that they look forward to each issue, and most Realtors express the importance of REM to their marketing and advertising strategies, providing it to every client who comes in the door.
REM’s unique relevance as a tool for advertisers and a source of engaging articles that pique the interest of both prospective real estate buyers and sellers, as well as local readers, continues to garner fans. It is a clearing house of properties for sale in the county, as well as a community treasure chest of local information.
Our Responsibility and Vision for Real Estate Magazine
Real Estate Magazine is a critical part of our communities’ communication channels. To make it an even more relevant implement for the Real Estate advertisers who support it, we are creating a robust online presence with our new website and blog.
We believe the potential and significance of the magazine will continue to grow as the economy recovers and our communities attract more businesses and residents to the rich, enjoyable lifestyle we share here. With this in mind, we move forward with energetic sparkle and a good dose of moxie.
Who We Are
Publisher/Executive Editor: Zida Borcich, owner of Studio Z Mendocino; Managing Editor: Lisa Norman; Production: Joe Neves; Sales: Lisa & Zida; Printing: Western Web; Distribution: Beal Ramsey
We look forward to meeting you, working with you, serving you and partnering with you to improve your business through Real Estate Magazine. Let us know if you would like to place an ad, need more papers delivered, wish to be a distribution point, or how we can, in any way, be of greater service to you. We are very pleased to be working with you.
Why Advertise with REM
REM’s mission has always been to provide a valuable tool for Mendocino County’s coastal and inland communities, for both locals and soon-to-be locals. Your advertising dollar buys crucial attention to your business in a unique context, at extremely competitive ad rates.
- Circulation of over 150,000 copies per year, distributed monthly on the coast, in the Anderson Valley, and east to the Ukiah Valley and Willits
- One-stop-shopping for prospective Real Estate buyers and sellers
- Topical articles pertaining to local businesses, trends, issues, local personalities, history, nonprofits, sites of interest, agriculture, agencies, and general community goings-on, which highlight the joys, benefits, and appeal of living in Mendocino County
- A comprehensive source of coastal- and county-wide property & business listings, Real Estate offices, brokers, and agents
- An archive of current and legacy issues, including links to advertisers
- “Real Events”: a list of what’s happening around the coast and in the county
- Spotlight on services and products of Real-Estate-related businesses
- A monthly Calendar of Events that makes the magazine equally valuable to locals, lookers, and tourists
- A monthly tax column, “All Thing$ Tax” by money experts Hogan & Stickel
- A note from the publisher, called “It’s REAL,” features Zida’s musings on random things